The Citizens Charter contains performance and Progress on the Vision Mission Goals Services and Field activities on Data Collection, co-ordination, collation and dissemination within and outside the Union Territory
This Directorate was set up in 1957 with the nomenclature Bureau of Economics and Statistics.
· Functions as State Statistical Authority and Nodal Agency.
· Serves as a focal point of information for formulation of necessary policies and perspective Planning by the administration on various topics/subject matters.
· Acts under the guidance of Central Statistical Organisation National Sample Survey Organisations National Buildings Organisation New Delhi, and Labour Bureau Simla for implementing the Central Schemes and National Surveys.
· Keeps close liaison with various Union Ministries and implements Centrally Sponsored Schemes as per their directives.
· Controls the Regional Offices at Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam.
· Renders effective database in management and information networking services to the user agencies through modern communication gadgets.
· Statistical techniques drastically improved and simplified over the past decades.
· Uses extensively of Digital modes Kiosk touch screen Mini-printing facility for efficient and timely data submission to Government and other organisation/Agencies.
· Consists both statistical data collection wing and Dissemination and Monitoring Wing with the following responsibilities.
1.Estimation of State Domestic Product
2.Collection of Agricultural Statistics
3.Collection of Price Statistics
4.Conduct Socio-Economic Surveys including Evaluation Studies.
5.Compilation of Indices relating to Industries and
6.Dissemination of standardised data on various official statistics through periodical publications.